The Charity - trying to make a difference in the
neighbourhoods we serve
The Merseyside Police Federation Charitable Trust. was established as a registered charity (No. 1119125 England & Wales) in 2006 with the main aim of the Charity to provide support/assistance to victims of crime/violence or those suffering loss, hardship, or distress within Merseyside.
The Trust's primary sources of income are:
- Monthly Charitable Trust lottery subscriptions from the pay of serving/retired Police Officers and Police Staff
- Funds raised from The Merseyside Police Federations Annual Charity Dinner.
- Donations, legacies and sponsorship.
Our Charity is administered entirely by the Merseyside Police Federation at Green Lane. It has limited overheads and trustees receive no expenses. Funds raised are donated back into the Merseyside community.
Charity Aims and Objectives
The Trustees of the Charitable Trust must apply the income of the Charity in furthering the following objectives:
- To advance in life and help young people through:
a. The provision of recreational and leisure time activities provided in the interest of social welfare, designed to improve their conditions of life;
b. Providing support and activities which develop their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as mature and responsible adults.
- To relieve poverty and sickness amongst persons who are victims or
witnesses of crime and persons affected by crime within Merseyside
including families and friends of such persons in need.
- The relief of financial hardship and sickness and the preservation and
protection of health of elderly people and children.
- To or for other charitable purposes as the trustees may from time to time determine